Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Pregnancy?
During your pregnancy period, you may find yourself getting overly conscious and concerned about everything you do. Starting from the food that you eat, the way you sleep and even the clothes that you wear. This is completely reasonable as your body is now undergoing rapid changes to accommodate the growing baby, and your clothing needs are bound to change as you cross your first trimester.
What’s more, its not just your clothes that change. Your inner wear may now need to be replaced with bigger sizes.
If you’re concerned about whether wearing bra during pregnancy is safe option or not (you would have probably heard some controversial stuff from a gossip magazine or your aunt or mother in law already), here’s some useful information at hand.
Is Wearing Bra During Pregnancy Safe?
Yes totally! There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be wearing a bra during pregnancy period. In fact, you may need to get a larger size during your pregnancy as you will see your breasts growing.The only thing that’s going to change is the type of bra you’ll be choosing. After all, you don’t want to end up having saggy breasts after you have delivered your little baby.
Just make sure that you’re comfortable in what you wear- if it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
Choosing The Right Maternity Bra:
As your body is growing, your needs are changing. If you haven’t done that already, now’s the time to go shopping for a maternity bra. Here we have put down a short list of tips to help you choose the right maternity bra.
- Choose a bra that fits you well- it shouldn’t be too tight or too loose. It should be just right to support your breasts.!
- An ideal maternity bra should have adjustable straps to ensure you can adjust them to your level of comfort.
- The bra straps shouldn’t dig into your shoulders.
- Make sure your maternity bra is made of a breathable, light fabric. Stay away from synthetic and laced fabrics and stick to comfortable cottons.
- The bra hook strap at the back should be in the right position- it shouldn’t be upwards towards your upper back.
- Make sure your maternity bra offers maximum coverage- this would be ideal since your breasts will also be tender during pregnancy.
- Check for any particular marks after wearing the bra for a couple of hours. Ideally, a good fitting bra will not leave any marks.
- Avoid hardwired or under-wired bras during pregnancy- while there’s no harm whatsoever in choosing them, you may possibly find them digging at different places, which is not at all comfortable.
Skipping The Bra During Night-Time:
There’s no reason to get alarmed and throw away all your existing inners – this is just in accordance with the statistics that reveal how a whopping percentage of women who wear the wrong bra get affected with uncalled discomfort.
If you’re choosing the right thing for yourself, there’s practically no reason to worry. Be mindful of the fact that your breasts will soon be filled up and sore after childbirth, and hence taking precautions by wearing appropriate inner wear takes precedence.
Hope you liked our post on wearing bra during pregnancy. Feeling and staying comfortable during pregnancy is as important as the rest of the healthy measures that are followed.
You can Buy the Best Maternity & Nursing Bras Here!