Cannot stress out the importance of confidence in today's society. For our kids is even more crucial as by being confident it can help them in their early years (pre-school / school) to make friends, learn more and go through school-life with ease.
A quick list we have prepared to help you boost your kids self esteem is as follows:
- Play the game –“I’m glad to be me because….”
- Make a “My favorite Things” book.
- Keep a growth chart.
- Pull out old baby clothes and discuss “How they have grown”.
- Hang up old baby pictures.
- Acknowledge it when child accomplishes a new task, no matter how small.
- Make hand and foot prints on paper.
- Let child help make a picture album of child doing his favorite things.
- Set out a scale for child to weigh himself.
- Encourage child to make a picture journal, illustrating things they enjoyed that day.
- Let your child make a “Me” puppet using a paper plate, yarn, marking pens and glue.
- Make a feelings thermometer, for child to record her daily feelings.
- Let child decorate their own special box to store their treasures.
- Roll play with puppets to help child express their feelings about themselves.
- Let child talk on a tape recorder to hear his own voice.
- Let your child help create her own special place to play.
- Allow your child to help you with simple household chores.
- Help your child learn their own phone number and address.
- Give your child an “Anger Pillow” to punch instead of others.
- Display your child’s art work or other creative masterpieces.